ID.me has entered a partnership with the Massachusetts Department of Unemployment Assistance (DUA) to verify your identity for unemployment insurance (UI) benefits. For more on this partnership, click here.
To verify your identity:
- If you received notification from DUA to verify your identity, please visit the website referenced in the message, then click the green Verify with ID.me button.
- You will be redirected to an ID.me sign-in page, where you can sign in to your existing ID.me account, or create a new one.
- Select and/or set up a multi-factor authentication option.
- Then, verify your identity by selecting either Answer questions about your credit history, Upload a photo of your driver's license or state ID, Upload a photo of your passport, or Upload a photo of your passport card.
- Follow the prompts to complete identity verification. (NOTE: If multiple identity verifications are unsuccessful, look for a Verify identity on a video call button to verify your identity with a Trusted Referee.)
- At the end of the process, be sure to click Allow to share your identity information with DUA.
After you have verified with ID.me, if there are no other eligibility issues with your claim, you should begin to receive benefits in approximately 5 business days, although first payments may take longer depending on your payment method.
If you have questions about the status of your claim, please contact DUA at (877) 626-6800.
For more on how to create your ID.me account and verify your identity, watch the video below.