The Kentucky Office of Unemployment Insurance (OUI) works with ID.me to create a highly secure identity verification process that ensures you—and only you—will be able to access your benefits. ID.me’s role in this partnership is exclusively regarding identity verification.
ID.me does not approve unemployment claims or distribute funds to claimants. This article explains how to verify with ID.me for Kentucky’s OUI.
About the verification process
ID.me’s next-generation identity platform meets the highest federal standards for online identity proofing and authentication. During the verification process, you will be asked to share your information.
How to verify
For steps to verify with the Kentucky Office of Unemployment Insurance, visit Verifying with Kentucky OUI.
Manage your ID.me account
After creating your ID.me account, you can also manage your account settings.
- Change or add email addresses to your account.
- Reset your password.
- If you can’t access your ID.me account email address, need to reset your password, or see an error message, visit I can't sign in to my account.
- Learn more about Getting started with multi-factor authentication.
- If you’re having trouble, visit Troubleshooting multi-factor authentication.
Who to contact for support
Who you need to contact for help depends on if you completed the verification process or not.
ID.me can help if you have trouble with the identity verification process. Common issues include:
- Account sign-in issues
- Uploading identification documents or selfies
- Fixing documents that were rejected
The partner you verify for can best help with questions and next steps after you complete the verification process. For example, you may have questions about benefits or services you verified for. Before contacting the partner:
- Confirm your verification was successful
- Confirm you shared your information with the partner
- Review our best practices and sample messages of how to request help from ID.me partners