The Kentucky Office of Unemployment Insurance (OUI) works with ID.me to create a highly secure identity verification process that ensures you—and only you—will be able to access your benefits. ID.me’s role in this partnership is exclusively regarding identity verification. ID.me does not approve unemployment claims or distribute funds to claimants. This article explains how to verify with ID.me for Kentucky’s OUI.
About the verification process
ID.me’s next-generation identity platform meets the highest federal standards for online identity proofing and authentication. During the verification process, you will be asked to share your information.
How to verify
Follow the steps below to verify your identity.
1. Visit Kentucky OUI
To get started:
- Go to the Kentucky OUI Claimant Portal.
- Select Sign in with ID.me.
- Enter the email address associated with your Kentucky OUI account. If this is your first time accessing the claimant portal, enter your email address that you have access to.
- Select Log in. You’ll be redirected to the ID.me sign-in page where you can sign in or create an account, then verify your identity.
2. Verify your identity
You can verify your identity for unemployment benefits in Kentucky using self-service or on a live video call. For steps to verify your identity, visit Verifying for state benefits.
After you verify
After you verify your ID.me account with, you can log in to your Kentucky OUI account by selecting Sign in with ID.me.
Manage your ID.me account
After creating your ID.me account, you can also manage your account settings.
- Change or add email addresses to your account.
- Reset your password.
- If you can’t access your ID.me account email address, need to reset your password, or see an error message, visit I can't sign in to my account.