ID.me works with the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) to verify claimants requesting benefits and services online. This article explains how to verify your identity for the Texas Workforce Commission.
About the verification process
The ID.me next-generation identity platform meets the highest federal standards for online identity proofing and authentication. During the verification process, you will be asked to share your information.
Verify your identity
You’ll start verification with the Texas Workforce Commission. After submitting a claim, you’ll receive a letter from TWC. Follow the instructions in the letter and go to the link provided to begin your verification, then select Verify with ID.me.
You can use Self-Service to verify your identity. For steps to verify your identity, visit Verifying for state benefits.
If you have trouble verifying your identity using Self-Service, you may need to verify by uploading additional documents and joining a video call.
After you verify
After verifying your identity:
- Log in to your TWC account by selecting Sign in with ID.me.
- Select Allow to share your information with TWC.
TWC will send you an email notifying you about your eligibility as soon as possible.
Manage your ID.me account
After creating your ID.me account, you can also manage your account settings.
- Change or add email addresses to your account.
- Reset your password.
- If you can’t access your ID.me account email address, need to reset your password, or see an error message, visit I can't sign in to my account.
- Learn more about Getting started with multi-factor authentication.
- If you’re having trouble, visit Troubleshooting multi-factor authentication.
Who to contact for support
Who you need to contact for help depends on if you completed the verification process or not.
ID.me can help if you have trouble with the identity verification process. Common issues include:
- Account sign-in issues
- Uploading identification documents or selfies
- Fixing documents that were rejected
Texas Workforce Commission
They can best help with questions and next steps after you complete the verification process. For example, you may have questions about benefits or services you verified for. Before contacting them:
- Confirm your verification was successful
- Confirm you shared your information with the partner
- Review our best practices and sample messages of how to request help from ID.me partners