ID.me works with the Job Service North Dakota (JSND) to verify claimants requesting benefits and services online. ID.me provides secure digital identity verification to government agencies and other partners to make sure you are you—and not someone pretending to be you. This article explains how to verify your identity for JSND.
About identity verification
ID.me’s next-generation identity platform meets the highest federal standards for online identity proofing and authentication. During the verification process, you will be asked to share your information with the state agency.
How to verify
Follow the steps below to verify your identity.
1. Visit the Job Service North Dakota site
To get started:
- Visit jobsnd.com and select Unemployment For Individuals, then, select File A Claim.
- Sign in with your existing State of North Dakota account. If you don’t have one, select Create Account and follow the prompts to enter your Social Security number and date of birth.
- Select Verify with ID.me to be redirected to the ID.me site.
2. Verify your identity
You can use the self-service verification method, to verify your identity for the JSND, or verify over a video call. For steps to verify your identity, visit Verifying for state benefits.
If you can’t complete the verification process due to an issue with your documents, you will be routed to verify your identity over a video call.
After you verify
After you verify your ID.me account with the JSND, you can log in to your State of North Dakota account by selecting Sign in with ID.me.
You can also manage your ID.me account and settings.
Manage your ID.me account
Manage multi-factor authentication
- Learn more aboutGetting started with multi-factor authentication.
- If you’re having trouble, visitTroubleshooting multi-factor authentication.