The California Employment Development Department (EDD) works with ID.me to verify the identity of Disability Insurance (DI) claimants. ID.me provides secure digital identity verification to make sure you are you—and not someone pretending to be you. ID.me’s identity platform meets the highest federal standards for online identity proofing and authentication. This article outlines how claimants can verify their identity for disability insurance.
About the verification process
ID.me’s next-generation identity platform meets the highest federal standards for online identity proofing and authentication. During the verification process, you will be asked to share your information.
How to verify
Follow the steps below to verify your identity.
1. Begin with CA EDD
To get started:
- Visit the California EDD site and in the site header, select Benefits Login.
- Sign in with an existing EDD account or to create a new account, select Register Now.
- Select SDI Online, then Register as a Claimant.
- Select Verify with ID.me. You’ll be automatically directed to the ID.me sign-in page.
2. Verify your identity
You can verify your identity for disability insurance in California using self-service or on a live video call. For steps to verify your identity, visit Verifying for state benefits and services.
After you verify
After you verify your ID.me account, you can log in to your California EDD SDI Online account to file and manage your claim.
Manage your ID.me account
After creating your ID.me account, you can also manage your account settings.
- Change or add email addresses to your account.
- Reset your password.
- If you can’t access your ID.me account email address, need to reset your password, or see an error message, visit I can't sign in to my account.
- Learn more about Getting started with multi-factor authentication.
- If you’re having trouble, visit Troubleshooting multi-factor authentication.