ID.me Shop discounts are either applied automatically or by entering a promo code at checkout. This article explains what to do if either discount isn't applied at checkout. If you still have trouble getting the discount, contact the retailer or brand's customer support team directly.
1. Confirm your Community Verification
Make sure your Community Verification was successfully completed. To confirm you are verified:
- Go to the ID.me sign in page and sign in to your account.
- Select My Wallet or Manage IDs.
- In your Wallet, under “Active IDs", look for the community card you wanted to verify for. If the card for the community you’d like to verify isn’t there, try again to verify for your community.
2. Check the offer details
After confirming you verified for your community:
- Make sure your community matches the offer you’re trying to get.
- Check if the offer is restricted to members of a sub-community or to a military branch. For example, it may only be available to active duty service members rather than veterans, or to members of the Army but not the Air Force.
- Check that the item you want is eligible for a discount. Certain items may be excluded from discounts. Go to the brand’s store in ID.me Shop, then find the offer restrictions. More details about what is excluded can be found on the partner shop’s page. Below is an example of what to look for. For more questions about discount restrictions, contact the retailer or brand.
3. Try again
Go to checkout and select Verify with ID.me, then sign in to your ID.me account. Verify your community if the previous attempt wasn’t successful.
If the discount requires a promo code, make sure you enter the correct promo code at checkout. Also, make sure you haven’t previously used the same code.
4. Contact the retailer or brand
If the discount code still isn’t working, contact the customer support team for the retailer or brand you’re buying from. Since the discount is provided by them, they can more quickly help with next steps.
Below is an example of a message you can send to the retailer's customer support team. Make sure to customize it, replacing the bold text with information that applies to you.
Sample message to send
I verified my Nurse status using ID.me on May 10, 2023 to get a 20% discount with your store.
I’m trying to make a purchase, but the discount or promo code isn’t working.
Your help is greatly appreciated.