When creating an ID.me account and before you verify your identity, you must confirm your email address. Confirming your email address certifies that you are the owner of the email address you provided. This article explains how to confirm your email address.
Confirm your email address
When you create a new ID.me account, ID.me will send an email from firstname.lastname@example.org to the email address you signed up with. To confirm your email address:
- When creating your account, enter an email address you have access to. You’ll see a “Confirm Your Email Address” window.
- Go to your email inbox and look for an email with the subject line: “Welcome to ID.me.”
- In the email, select Confirm your email.
- Continue setting up your ID.me account.
Keep in mind:
- You may need to check your spam or junk email folder.
- You have 15 minutes to click the link in the message to confirm your email address.
- If you haven't received the confirmation message within 10 minutes, firewalls or other security measures may be blocking it.
If you’re having trouble confirming your email address, visit I can’t confirm my email address.