You must choose a military sub-community, also referred to as a subgroup, when verifying your military status. If you choose a sub-community that doesn’t apply to you, you can change it to a different one. For example, you may have initially verified as a veteran but meant to verify as a service member. This article explains how to change your military sub-community.
Note: We are unable to verify two family members in the same ID.me account. These instructions should only be used by the person who is currently verified in the sub-community you wish to update.
Change your military sub-community
To change your military sub-community:
- Sign in to your ID.me account.
- Go to “My IDs,” then select Manage IDs.
- Select your military card.
- Select Reverify ID. You will be directed to the screen to start the verification process.
- Select Begin. For steps to complete the re-verification, visit Verifying your military status.
Upload military documentation
For a list of acceptable military documents, visit Documents to verify military status.
After changing it
After changing your sub-community, your new card will display in your ID.me Wallet. Below is an example of a Military card showing a verified veteran sub-community. If your new card doesn’t display, you may need to clear your cache or cookies.