ID.me works with with the Georgia Department of Labor (GDOL) to help verify your identity for unemployment insurance (UI).
Identity verification with ID.me may be required if you have been locked out of your "My UI" portal or if you are filing a claim for unemployment insurance benefits. This article explains how you can verify for GDOL.
Before you verify
To verify using self-service, you’ll need:
- A mobile phone that has a camera or a computer with a webcam
- Email address
- Photo ID (Driver's License, Passport, Passport Card, or State ID)
- Social Security number
1. Log in to your GDOL account
- Go to ID.me GovHub.
- Select Georgia.
- Find the program you want to verify for, then select Connect with ID.me.
- Enter the requested information and select Verify with ID.me.
2. Verify with ID.me
Sign in to your ID.me account. If you haven’t created an ID.me account, select Create account and confirm your email to begin.
Note: It’s not possible to have more than one verified account. If you already have an ID.me account, sign in to your existing account instead.
- Select a multi-factor authentication (MFA) option to make your account even more secure. Available MFA options include:
- Select and upload the document you’ll use to prove your identity. For example, you can verify using your Driver’s License, State ID, Passport, or Passport Card.
Take and submit a video selfie. If your video selfie isn’t successful, ID.me will transfer you to a video call with a Trusted Referee to get you verified.
- Enter your Social Security number.
- Review to confirm your information is accurate, then at the bottom of the screen, select Yes. After ID.me verifies your identity, you’ll receive a confirmation text message as a way to protect you from fraud.
Trusted Referee Video Call
If you are not able to complete the verification process due to an issue with your documents, you will be routed to verify your identity over a video call with an ID.me Trusted Referee, also referred to as a Video Chat Agent. You will need to show your identity documents to a Trusted Referee along with a selfie (a photo of yourself) to complete your verification.
After you've completed your verification with a Trusted Referee, follow the steps below to continue with your claim:
- Return to the GDOL site.
- Log in to your GDOL account.
- Provide your ID.me credentials when prompted.
- Follow the steps for GDOL, then select to Allow them to use your verified identity information.
After you have verified your identity, either through self-service or with the help of an ID.me Trusted Referee, you will be redirected to the GDOL application to continue your progress with the requested online service.
If you have questions after you have successfully verified your identity, please contact GDOL.
For more on how to create your ID.me account and verify your identity, watch the video below.