The Georgia Department of Labor (Georgia DOL) works with ID.me to create a highly secure identity verification process that ensures you—and only you—will be able to access your unemployment benefits. ID.me’s role in this partnership is exclusively regarding identity verification. ID.me does not approve unemployment claims or distribute funds to claimants. This article explains how to verify with ID.me for Georgia DOL.
About the verification process
ID.me’s next-generation identity platform meets the highest federal standards for online identity proofing and authentication. During the verification process, you will be asked to share your information with the Georgia DOL.
In addition, ID.me has built rigorous security and privacy requirements into our technology. Learn more about ID.me’s Privacy Bill of Rights and how your information is protected.
Before you verify
- ID.me only verifies claimants who are 18 and over. Claimants under age 18 must go through an identity verification process with Georgia DOL that does not involve ID.me.
- If you end up verifying on a video call, you may bring a friend or family member to assist you, as long as they identify themselves on the call.
How to verify
Follow the steps below to verify your identity.
1. Visit Georgia DOL
To create a new Georgia DOL MyUI account, or reset your MyUI password, you will be asked to verify with ID.me. Go to the Georgia DOL MyUI Portal to get started.
If you already have a Georgia DOL My UI account and don’t need to reset your password, sign in as you usually would. You do not need to verify with ID.me.
2. Verify your identity
You can use the self-service verification method to verify your identity for unemployment benefits in Georgia. For steps to verify your identity, visit Verifying for state benefits and services.
If you can’t complete the verification process due to an issue with your documents, you will be routed to verify your identity over a video call.
After you verify
After you verify your ID.me account with, you can log in to your Georgia DOL MyUI Portal account.. If you’re not sure if you successfully verified with ID.me for Georgia DOL, you can find who you shared your information with.
Manage your ID.me account
After creating your ID.me account, you can also manage your account settings.
- Change or add email addresses to your account
- Reset your password
- If you can’t access your ID.me account email address, need to reset your password, or see an error message, visit I can't sign in to my account
- Learn more about Getting started with multi-factor authentication.
- If you’re having trouble, visit Troubleshooting multi-factor authentication.