ID.me has partnered with the state of Georgia to help verify your identity for unemployment insurance (UI). (For more information on our partnership, click here.)
Identity verification with ID.me is only required if you have been locked out of your My UI portal.
To verify your identity (if you've been locked out of your UI portal):
- You will receive an email from the Georgia Department of Labor (GDOL) directing you to a web address to verify your identity with ID.me. (You can also go to your My UI portal and enter your Social Security number to access the same site.)
- Follow the prompts to either log in to your existing ID.me account, or create a new one.
- Confirm your email address.
- Select and set up the multi-factor authentication option of your choice.
- Next, either answer questions about your credit history or verify your identity with a driver’s license, state ID, passport, or passport card.
- Enter all other requested information, including your Social Security number.
- At the end of the process, be sure to click Allow and continue. This step shares your identity information with GDOL.
Note: If you verified your identity with a Trusted Referee:
- Return to the GDOL site.
- Log in to your agency account.
- Provide your ID.me credentials when prompted.
- Follow the steps for GDOL, then click to Allow them to use your verified identity information.
After you have verified your identity, either online or with the help of an ID.me Trusted Referee, you will receive another email from the GDOL within 3 days that provides specific instructions on how to unlock your account and reset your PIN. (You may need to check your spam/junk email folder for this message.)
If you have questions after you have successfully verified your identity, click here to contact GDOL.
For more on how to create your ID.me account and verify your identity, watch the video below.