The Delaware Department of Labor (Delaware DOL) works with ID.me to create a highly secure identity verification process that ensures you, and only you, will be able to access your benefits.
ID.me’s role in this partnership is exclusively regarding identity verification. ID.me does not approve unemployment claims or distribute funds to claimants. This article explains how to verify your identity with ID.me for Delaware DOL.
About the verification process
ID.me’s next-generation identity platform meets the highest federal standards for online identity proofing and authentication. During the verification process, you will be asked to share your information.
How to verify
Follow the steps below to verify your identity.
- Go to the Delaware Works login page.
- Select Sign in with ID.me.
- You can use Self-Service or a short video call to verify your identity. For steps to verify, visit Verifying for state benefits and services on a short video call.
If you can’t complete the verification process due to an issue with your documents, you will be routed to upload additional documents and complete your verification on an extended video call.
After you verify
After verifying your identity, select Allow to share your information with the Delaware DOL and you will be directed back to the Delaware DOL homepage.
If you are unable to complete your unemployment claim online, Delaware DOL offers a weekly claim filing process through a Telebenefits process.
Manage your ID.me account
After creating your ID.me account, you can also manage your account settings.
- Change or add email addresses to your account.
- Reset your password.
- If you can’t access your ID.me account email address, need to reset your password, or see an error message, visit I can't sign in to my account.
- Learn more about Getting started with multi-factor authentication.
- If you’re having trouble, visit Troubleshooting multi-factor authentication.
Who to contact for support
Who you need to contact for help depends on if you completed the verification process or not.
ID.me can help if you have trouble with the identity verification process. Common issues include:
- Account sign-in issues
- Uploading identification documents or selfies
- Fixing documents that were rejected
The partner you verify for can best help with questions and next steps after you complete the verification process. For example, you may have questions about benefits or services you verified for. Before contacting the partner:
- Confirm your verification was successful
- Confirm you shared your information with the partner
- Review our best practices and sample messages of how to request help from ID.me partners