Users who visit Florida's Reemployment Assistance Portal will be required to verify their identity in order to continue their unemployment insurance (UI) claim.
- Click the green Verify with ID.me button.
- Follow the prompts to either open your existing ID.me account, or create a new one.
- Confirm your email address.
- Select and set up the multi-factor authentication option of your choice.
- Next, choose the document you want to use to verify your identity: driver’s license, state ID, passport, or passport card.
- Follow the prompts to submit photos of your selected document. Click here for tips and best practices.
- When prompted, take and submit a selfie.
- Enter all other requested information, including your Social Security number.
- At the end of the process, be sure to click Allow and continue. This step shares your identity information with the DEO and enables your UI claim to continue.
After identity verification is compete, you should receive notification from the state workforce agency within 3 days. (Click here for DEO claims assistance and FAQ.)
Note: If you verified your identity with a Trusted Referee:
- Return to the Florida Reemployment Assistance Portal site.
- Log in to your agency account.
- Provide your ID.me credentials when prompted.
- Follow the steps for the Florida Reemployment Assistance Portal, then click to Allow them to use your verified identity information.