ID.me puts you in control of your data and how you use your digital wallet to access benefits and services. When you verify your identity or verify group affilitation to qualify for deals and discounts in ID.me Shop, you’ll be prompted to create an ID.me account. This article explains how to create an ID.me account.
While it’s free to create an ID.me account, keep in mind:
- You must be 18 years or older to create an ID.me account.
- You can only have one ID.me account, which can be used with all of our partners. Make sure you don’t try to create more than one account.
What you get with an ID.me account
With an ID.me account, you:
- Get an ID.me Digital Wallet that puts you in control of your information.
- Create one sign-in to access various government agencies, healthcare services, and other companies.
- Have assurance that your information is in good hands. ID.me’s next-generation identity platform meets the highest federal standards and is approved as a NIST 800-63-3 IAL2 / AAL2 conformant credential service provider by the Kantara Initiative. To learn more, visit Is my information secure?
- May be eligible for exclusive ID.me deals and discounts from hundreds of the most popular brands.
Create your ID.me account
To create your ID.me account, we recommend starting with the ID.me partner you want to verify for. During that process, you'll be prompted to create an account if you don't already have one.
- Go to the site that is asking you to verify with ID.me and select Verify with ID.me.
- Select Create an ID.me account.
- Confirm your email address and set up multi-factor authentication (MFA), if prompted.
To find steps to verify your identity for a specific partner, go to the ID.me Help Center homepage and select or search for the partner you’d like to verify for.
To verify you're a member of a specific group (nurses, teachers, military, etc), visit Accessing Exclusive Offers.
To create an account from the ID.me sign-in page:
After creating your account
After you create an account or verify with an ID.me partner, you can:
- Add a secondary email address
- Add a second MFA method
- Verify with other ID.me partners
- Manage your account settings
- Browse discounts in ID.me Shop.