When creating an ID.me account and before you verify your identity, you must confirm your email address. Confirming your email address certifies that you are the owner of the email address you provided. This article explains how to confirm your email address.
Confirm your email address
When you create a new ID.me account, ID.me will send an email from email@example.com to the email address you signed up with. To confirm your email address:
- When creating your account, enter an email address you have access to. You’ll see a “Confirm Your Email Address” window.
- Go to your email inbox and look for an email with the subject line: “Welcome to ID.me.”
- In the email, select Confirm your email.
- Continue setting up your ID.me account.
Keep in mind:
- You may need to check your spam or junk email folder.
- You have 15 minutes to click the link in the message to confirm your email address.
- If you haven't received the confirmation message within 10 minutes, firewalls or other security measures may be blocking it.
Clear your browser's cache and try to confirm your email again. Make sure your browser is fully updated, or try another browser (e.g. Chrome or Firefox).
Clicking the Confirm your email button didn’t work
If you select Confirm your email and nothing happens, copy the 6-digit code from the email and paste it into the browser where you are promoted to confirm your email. Also, we recommend using the latest version of your browser.
Links expire in 15 minutes. When a new link is requested, all previous confirmation links become invalid. If your link has expired, return to the partner website to request a new one.
Requested multiple links
If you already requested a link, allow at least five minutes before requesting another link. You may receive multiple emails with multiple links. In this case, ensure you delete all older links before attempting confirmation again.
I didn’t receive a confirmation email
If you don’t receive an email after 10 minutes and the email isn’t in your spam or junk folders:
- Go to the ID.me Contact Support form.
- Select Can't sign in or don't have an account.
- In the “Do you have an ID.me account?” dropdown menu, select No.
- Include the email address you need to confirm.