If the name you provide differs from the name that appears in your identity documents, additional documentation is required on your Trusted Referee call.
In general, three documents are needed:
- A document showing your old name.
- A document showing your new name. For either of these, we accept government-issued ID like a driver's license, passport, passport card, or state ID.
- To document your name change, we accept certified copies or originals of the following:
- Marriage Certificate or Domestic Partnership document.
- Dissolution of Marriage document.
- Name-change document.
If your name has changed more than once, a separate name-change document is required for each event.