To update the home address, name, phone number, email address, and other information in your ID.me profile, you may need to contact ID.me support. This article explains how to request an update to your ID.me account profile.
If you got a new phone, phone number, or lost your phone, and have trouble signing in to your account, visit Changing the phone you use for multi-factor authentication (MFA).
Update your ID.me profile
- Sign in to your ID.me account.
- Complete your sign-in by following the prompts for your multi-factor authentication method, if MFA is set up.
- Select CONTACT SUPPORT, then from the “What can we help you with?*” dropdown, select Managing my account.
- Under “What do you need help with in your ID.me account?*”, select what you’d like to update. Choose one of the following:
- My email address - Add a new email address or update your account’s primary email address.
- My mailing address - Your current mailing address, using a street address. If your Driver’s License has a PO Box listed as your home address, you can use a PO Box.
- My name - If your legal name changed or if it’s not correct in your ID.me profile.
ID.me will send an email to your primary email address after your ID.me profile is updated. You can also check the status of your request at any time by signing in to your ID.me account, selecting CONTACT SUPPORT, then selecting Active Requests.