The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (Florida DEO) works with ID.me to create a highly secure identity verification process that ensures you—and only you—will be able to access your benefits.
ID.me’s role in this partnership is exclusively regarding identity verification. ID.me does not approve unemployment claims or distribute funds to claimants. This article explains how to verify with ID.me for Florida’s DEO.
About the verification process
ID.me’s next-generation identity platform meets the highest federal standards for online identity proofing and authentication. During the verification process, you will be asked to share your information.
How to verify
Follow the steps below to verify your identity.
1. Begin with Florida DEO
Users who visit Florida's Reemployment Assistance Portal (CONNECT Login) will be required to verify their identity in order to continue to their CONNECT account.
To get started:
- Go to FloridaJobs.org and select File a New Claim or CONNECT Login.
- Select Sign up now to create a new account with Florida DEO. Enter your information to create the account.
- Choose and set up a multi-factor authentication (MFA) method for Florida DEO. For step-by-step MFA instructions, visit Florida DEO’s site. You will also be required to set up multi-factor authentication with ID.me during the identity verification process.
2. Verify your identity
You can verify your identity for unemployment benefits in Florida using self-service or on a live video call. For steps to verify your identity, visit Verifying for state benefits and services.
After you verify
After you verify with your ID.me account:
- Return to the Florida Reemployment Assistance Portal.
- Log in to your CONNECT account.
- Enter your ID.me sign in information.
- Follow the steps for the Florida Reemployment Assistance Portal, then select Allow to allow FL DEO to use your verified identity information.
For UI claims, ID.me is limited to identity verification. For information on your UI claim status or eligibility, contact Florida DEO.
Manage your ID.me account
After creating your ID.me account, you can also manage your account settings.
- Change or add email addresses to your account.
- Reset your password.
- If you can’t access your ID.me account email address, need to reset your password, or see an error message, visit I can't sign in to my account.
- Learn more about Getting started with multi-factor authentication.
- If you’re having trouble, visit Troubleshooting multi-factor authentication.
I am locked out of my ID.me account
To help signing in to your ID.me account, visit I can’t sign in to my account.
I am locked out of my Florida DEO account
If you have successfully verified your identity through ID.me but still have an error message regarding your claim, visit Unlocking your Florida DEO account.