FloridaCommerce works with ID.me to create a highly secure identity verification process that ensures you—and only you—will be able to access your benefits.
ID.me’s role in this partnership is exclusively regarding identity verification. ID.me does not approve unemployment claims or distribute funds to claimants. This article explains how to verify with ID.me for FloridaCommerce.
About the verification process
The ID.me next-generation identity platform meets the highest federal standards for online identity proofing and authentication. During the verification process, you will be asked to share your information.
How to verify
Follow the steps below to verify your identity.
1. Begin with FloridaCommerce
Users who visit Florida's Reemployment Assistance Portal (RECONNECT Login) will be required to verify their identity in order to continue to their RECONNECT account.
To get started:
- Go to FloridaJobs.org and select File a New Claim or RECONNECT Login.
- Select Sign up now to create a new account with FloridaCommerce. Enter your information to create the account.
- Choose and set up a multi-factor authentication (MFA) method for FloridaCommerce. For step-by-step MFA instructions, visit the FloridaCommerce site. You will also be required to set up multi-factor authentication with ID.me during the identity verification process.
2. Verify your identity
You can verify your identity for unemployment benefits in Florida using self-service or on a short video call. For steps to verify your identity, visit Verifying your identity on a short video call.
After you verify
After you verify with your ID.me account:
- Return to the Florida Reemployment Assistance Portal.
- Log in to your RECONNECT account.
- Enter your ID.me sign in information.
- Follow the steps for the Florida Reemployment Assistance Portal, then select Allow to allow FloridaCommerce to use your verified identity information.
For UI claims, ID.me is limited to identity verification. For information on your UI claim status or eligibility, contact FloridaCommerce.
Manage your ID.me account
After creating your ID.me account, you can also manage your account settings.
- Change or add email addresses to your account.
- Reset your password.
- If you can’t access your ID.me account email address, need to reset your password, or see an error message, visit I can't sign in to my account.
- Learn more about Getting started with multi-factor authentication.
- If you’re having trouble, visit Troubleshooting multi-factor authentication.
“This ID.me account has been used to verify another account” error
After you verify your identity using ID.me and share your information with FloridaCommerce, you may see this error: “This ID.me account has been used to verify another account.” This error message is coming from FloridaCommerce, indicating that you have more than one account. It’s not possible for ID.me to fix this issue. Since the error is coming from FloridaCommerce, you must send them an email or call 1-833-352-7759 for next steps.
I am locked out of my FloridaCommerce account
If you have successfully verified your identity through ID.me but still have an error message regarding your claim, visit Unlocking your FloridaCommerce account.
I am locked out of my ID.me account
To help signing in to your ID.me account, visit I can’t sign in to my account.
Who to contact for support
Who you need to contact for help depends on if you completed the verification process or not.
ID.me can help if you have trouble with the identity verification process. Common issues include:
- Account sign-in issues
- Uploading identification documents or selfies
- Fixing documents that were rejected
They can best help with questions and next steps after you complete the verification process. For example, you may have questions about benefits or services you verified for. Before contacting them:
- Confirm your verification was successful
- Confirm you shared your information with the partner
- Review our best practices and sample messages of how to request help from ID.me partners