No, you can only have one ID.me account as our policies permit.
When you attempt to verify your identity or group affiliation a second time with ID.me, you may see one of the following error messages:
These errors indicate that you have already verified your identity on a different account.
How do I unlock my duplicate account?
If you remember the email address and password you used in your previous verification, close the error message and sign in to your ID.me account with those credentials.
Otherwise, click the link to visit ID.me Support for additional assistance. Follow below for step-by-step instructions:
Steps to submit a help ticket:
1. To start a ticket, you may:
- Scroll to the bottom of this article and select Submit a Request,
- Go to the top right corner of your screen and select Contact Us, or
- You can also click here.
2. Input the “Email Used To Register With ID.me”.
3. Select “I Need Help Updating my Account” on the “How Can We Help You?” dropdown menu.
Then, select Account Suspension on the “What needs to be updated?” dropdown menu.
4. Select “Yes” in the “Do you have more than one email?” dropdown menu if there is an email associated with your account other than the one you entered above, in Step 2.
If you cannot remember any other email addresses that may be associated with your account, select “No” for this question.
5. Select the appropriate option from the “Where do you need to be verified?” dropdown menu.
6. Answer the last question before describing your issue.
If you choose “Yes” on Step 4, you will be asked to provide the other email(s). Please enter an email address of yours that might be associated with your account, other than the one you entered in Step 2.
If you choose “No” on Step 4, you will be asked if you have more than one ID.me account. Please select either “Yes” or “No” on the dropdown menu.
7. Add a description of the issue you’re running into.
Be sure to include that you have received a prompt stating that you have a “Duplicate Account”. The more details you provide, the better our ID.me Member Support team can assist you.
8. Click "Submit."
An ID.me Member Support Representative will reach out to you via email to help resolve your issue.