If you have too many unsuccessful sign-in attempts, you may see a message that your account was locked due to a high number of failed sign-in attempts. This article explains what to do to unlock your ID.me account.
Unlock your account
To unlock your ID.me account:
- Select the here link in the error message.
- Enter the email address for your account, then select Continue. You will receive an email message with a link.
- Select the link, then select Continue.
- For security reasons, links expire after 15 minutes. If the link expires, you can attempt to sign in again and you'll be sent another link.
- Make sure to check your spam folder if the email isn’t in your inbox.
- In the confirmation email you receive from ID.me, select Unlock your account.
After you’ve confirmed your email address again, your account will be unlocked.
I don’t have access to my email address
If you don’t have access to the email address associated with your ID.me account, contact ID.me Support and select I lost access to my ID.me account.