If your online identity verification attempt was unsuccessful, you may wish to use our Trusted Referee verification option.
Trusted Referees are available 24 hours a day. In order to meet with a Trusted Referee, you must upload and present acceptable documentation to verify your identity. A Trusted Referee will review your documents prior to connecting to a video chat with you. If your documents are acceptable, you will enter a short video chat to show your physical documents.
To connect with a Trusted Referee:
- [If prompted, repeat the verification process.]
- Look for a Verify identity on a video call button and click it.
- Read each screen carefully, and follow the prompts to upload acceptable documents. Select these documents carefully! If you upload documents that are not acceptable, you will need to restart the process.
- After your documents have been uploaded, wait for them to be reviewed by a Trusted Referee. (For tips on managing wait-times, click here.)
- If your documents are approved, your screen will refresh, and you will see a new button. Click Start video call to connect with a Trusted Referee.
- If your documents are not approved, read your screen carefully to understand why your document(s) were not acceptable. Click Review applications to upload new / acceptable documents. You will also receive an email outlining reasons and next steps.
- NOTE: During the call, you must have the physical originals of your documents in hand to present live on-camera to the Trusted Referee. If you need time to collect your documents, click Save and Return Later. We will email you a link you can use to resume the call at your convenience.
- When a Trusted Referee is available, you can continue the verification process.
- After your session, you will receive an email like the one below. Click Continue to complete the process and share your verified information with the partner.
For a video summary of the Trusted Referee process, watch the video below.