The California Employment Development Department (California EDD) has partnered with ID.me to create a highly secure identity verification process that ensures you—and only you—will be able to access your benefits.
ID.me’s role in this partnership is exclusively regarding identity verification. ID.me does not approve unemployment claims or distribute funds to claimants.
Learn about ID.me's partnership with the California Department of Public Health (CDPH).
- How do I verify with Self-Service?
- How do I verify with a Video Chat Agent?
- How do I use UI Online for identity verification?
- What do I do after I verify my identity as a new EDD claimant?
Managing my account
- How do I create an ID.me account?
- How do I reset my ID.me password?
- How do I confirm my email address?
- How do I change the email address in my ID.me account?
- How do I delete my selfie?
- How do I close / delete my ID.me account?
- How can I solve common technical issues?
- How do I take and submit a selfie with a smartphone?
- What is multi-factor authentication?
- What is a Primary or Secondary Identity Document?
- Why weren’t my documents approved?
- How do I unlock my account?