With the IRS tax filing deadline approaching on April 18, 2023, ID.me recognizes the importance of filing sooner than later. If you are unable to verify in time, you may file for an extension with the IRS.
Alternative options for accessing the IRS
- Go to the IRS login page.
- Scroll to the section titled, “What if I can’t verify my identity?”
- Select Alternative options for other ways to access the IRS tools and services you want to access.
Troubleshoot with the IRS
ID.me does not process or handle stimulus checks, AGI, 6419 letters or other documents pertaining to your tax records / filing status. As a technology provider, ID.me provides identity verification for IRS applications. For more information on each of these documents, select the appropriate link above to access IRS support content.
The IRS offers alternative options for its various online services. To use an alternative identity verification method with the IRS:
- Go to the IRS application’s login page.
- Look for the section titled “What if I can’t verify my identity?”
- Select the “Alternative options” link.
- You will be taken to a section with more information regarding your available options.
If you have an existing eAuth IRS account, you can log in with your IRS username and password.
If you cannot find an alternative option that will work for you, please contact the IRS directly.