DocuSign works with ID.me to verify the identity of users who need to securely sign documents using DocuSign. The role of ID.me is exclusively regarding identity verification. This article explains the general process of verifying before signing a document through DocuSign.
Before you verify
- The specific steps to complete this process may vary, depending on the partner you’re verifying for.
- For some integrations, you must use the ID.me Authenticator app to set up multi-factor authentication (MFA).
- The document you’re signing may need to be signed within a certain number of days before it expires. If the document expires, contact the partner you’re signing the document for.
Verify and sign the document
When using DocuSign with ID.me, you’ll need to verify your identity, then sign the document.
1. Verify your identity
To verify your identity and sign the document:
- Open the email you received from DocuSign regarding the document you need to sign.
- Select Review Document.
- Enter your email address and password, then select Sign in to ID.me. If you do not have an account, select Create an account and enter the required information.
- Depending on the partner you’re verifying for, the email address you enter may need to match the email address used for your ID.me account. If you need to, change your ID.me account's primary email address.
- Set up or complete multi-factor authentication (MFA). For some integrations, you must use the ID.me Authenticator app for MFA.
- On the “Verify Your Identity” screen, select which identity document you’d like to upload.
- Follow the prompts to submit your document photos, selfie, and other required information.
- After you have verified your identity, select Allow and continue to share your information with the partner you’re verifying for.
2. Sign the document
To sign the document after verifying your identity:
- Go back to the document you were sent.
- Sign in to your ID.me account.
- Complete MFA.
- Select Continue.
- Review the document, sign, then select Finish.
I verified on a video call
When verifying using self-service isn’t successful, you may need to verify on a video call. If you verified on a video call, you must take a few more steps to complete your verification. To complete the verification steps:
- Go back to the DocuSign email you received.
- Select Review Document.
- Sign in your ID.me account and complete multi-factor authentication (MFA).
- Select Allow and continue.
- Sign the document.
Change your ID.me email address
If the email address you need to verify with needs to match the email address on your ID.me account, you may need to change your ID.me account’s primary email address. To change your email, visit Changing your account email address.