ID.me has entered a partnership with the New Jersey Department of Labor & Workforce Development (NJDOL) to verify your identity for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) and unemployment insurance (UI) claims.
To verify your identity:
- If NJDOL reached out to you to verify your identity, please visit the website referenced in the message, then click the green Verify with ID.me button.
- You will be redirected to an ID.me sign-in page, where you can sign in to your existing ID.me account, or create a new one.
- Select and/or set up a multi-factor authentication option.
- Then, verify your identity by selecting either Upload a photo of your driver's license or state ID, Upload a photo of your passport, or Upload a photo of your passport card.
- Follow the prompts to complete identity verification.
After identity verification is successful, your payments will be processed in about 15 business days. (If there are any eligibility issues, NJDOL will contact you. Click here for NJDOL contact information.)