The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) works with ID.me to verify your identity to access your AHCCCS Online portal as a healthcare worker. This article explains how to update or create your ID.me account and verify your identity.
AHCCCS requires that your work email address be associated with your ID.me account and that your last name matches on both accounts. Because of this requirement, the process varies slightly depending on whether you already have an ID.me account or are a new member.
Select a tab that aligns with your status—whether you already have an ID.me account or are creating an ID.me account for the first time—for complete instructions.
If you are an existing ID.me member, do not create another account. Instead, first add your work email address to your ID.me account. Then, you can sign in to the AHCCCS Online Portal and consent to share your verified identity information.
Add your work email address
Sign in to your ID.me account.
Under “Email,” select + Add Email, then enter your work email address.
Select Send verification. A confirmation message will be sent to your work email address.Tip: If you don’t receive the email, check your spam folder. You can select Resend verification to send a new confirmation email.
- Select the link in the email to confirm this email address.
After you have confirmed the email, it displays in the “Profile” tab of your account.
Sign in and share your information
- Go to the AHCCCS Online Portal and login with your AHCCCS credentials.
If you don’t have AHCCCS credentials, register for a new account.
- Select Verify with ID.me, then sign in with your ID.me account and complete multi-factor authentication (MFA).
- If required, follow the prompts to provide any additional information.
- From the Authorize screen, review the information that AHCCCS will receive and then select Allow to consent to share that information with them.
If you do not have an ID.me account, you must create an account using your personal email, add your work email to your account, and then verify your identity to access AHCCCS. You only need to verify your identity once—then you can use your ID.me log in at AHCCCS and anywhere else ID.me is accepted.
For steps to verify your identity, visit Verifying for AHCCCS.
Do you have multiple ID.me accounts?
If you already created a duplicate ID.me account using your work email address or another email address that you own, follow the steps in Removing an email address from a duplicate account to make your email address available to add to your original ID.me account.
Who you need to contact for help depends on if you completed the verification process or not.
ID.me can help if you have trouble with the identity verification process. Common issues include:
- Account sign-in issues
- Uploading identification documents or selfies
- Fixing documents that were rejected
They can best help with questions and next steps after you complete the verification process. For example, you may have questions about benefits or services you verified for. Before contacting them:
- Confirm your verification was successful
- Confirm you shared your information with the partner
- Review our best practices and sample messages of how to request help from ID.me partners