To delete your account:
- Sign into your ID.me My Account page.
- Click the Sign In & Security tab.
- In the left column, select Close Account.
- Click Close My Account.
- Select a reason for deleting your account and enter any comments that you wish to leave for us.
- Click the red Close button.
Your account will be fully deleted in seven days.
Is my account deleted immediately?
When you close your account, it enters a 7-day waiting period. During this time, you can contact Member Support to stop the deletion process.
At the end of 7 days, your account is purged. (NOTE: This action cannot be reversed.)
Can I recreate my account after it has been deleted?
No, but you may create a new account with a new email address.
What happens to my deleted account?
Your account information is purged, and you will be unable to use email addresses from that account to create new ID.me accounts.
My account was suspended / locked. Can I delete it?
To delete a locked or suspended account, please contact Member Support.
What if I have Cash Back in my account when I delete it?
Any remaining balance over $10 will be paid to your PayPal account in the next cycle.