Your ID.me account must have a Primary email address and you may include others as well.
To See Your Linked Email Address(es):
Sign in to your ID.me My Account page, then either:
- Look for the My Profile section, and click Manage Email. Or....
- Click the Profile tab.
To Add an Email Address to Your Account:
- Click + Add Email.
- Enter the new email address, then click the Send Verification button. (You can Resend Verification if needed.)
- Check your inbox and spam folders for an email from email@example.com with the subject line ID.me – Please confirm your email address.
- Open that email and click the Confirm your email link, or copy and paste the accompanying link into a new browser window.
If you don't receive this email within 30 minutes, please contact Member Support for assistance, and include the email address originally used to create your account.
- Once you verify your email, you can return to your Profile, where you can delete email addresses, or change the address designated as Primary.
To change the email address on your account
- Sign in your ID.me My Account page.
- Click the Profile tab, and look for the Email section.
- Click the blue + Add Email button
If you have set up multi-factor authentication on your account, complete that process, then click the + Add Email button again.
- Enter the new email address, then click Send Verification.
- A confirmation message will be sent to the new email address. Click the link in the email to add the address to your ID.me profile.
You can then return to the Profile tab to delete the old email address or change which email address you wish to designate as Primary.
Other email address options
If you have multiple emails under your ID.me account, you can navigate to the Profile tab to:
- Delete an old email address or
- Change your Primary email address.
If you receive a message that the new email address is already in use, please contact Member Support for further assistance.