Physical mailing address information displays in your ID.me account, including city, state, and ZIP code. This is information you provided when first creating your ID.me account or when you verified your identity. This article explains how mailing address information displays in ID.me accounts.
Do I need to update my mailing address?
No. It’s okay if your ID.me profile shows an old address. We only collect address information for identity verification purposes. We do not send physical mail to our members.
If an old address shows in your profile:
- You don’t need to update it
- It won’t cause issues with partners you already verified for
- It won’t prevent you from verifying for new partners
At this time, it’s not possible to update your physical mailing from your ID.me profile.
Can I verify if my account address is outdated?
Yes. If you need to verify your identity with a new partner, you will submit identity documents through one of our verification methods. We may ask for documentation that proves what your current address is.
Other account settings
You can make changes to other account settings, including:
- Changing your account email address
- Resetting your ID.me password
- Changing the phone you use for multi-factor authentication (MFA)
- Updating your legal name
- Unsubscribing from ID.me promotional emails