If you've attempted to sign-in with the incorrect email or password too many times, your account will be locked to help prevent unauthorized access. If this happens, don't worry! You can easily unlock the account by following these steps:
1. Click the link in the error message letting you know the account has been locked due to a high number of failed sign-in attempts.
2. Enter the account email address in the field provided and a security code will be emailed to the address you enter.
3. You'll receive a notification that a link to unlock your email was sent to the email address you provided:
4. Open your email (in a separate tab if possible) and look for an email titled "Your ID.me account unlock link". Open that email and click on the green "Unlock your account" button or copy and paste the link provided.
5. When your unlock is successful you we receive the indication on the original sign in page and in the separate window that opened from the email. You will then be able to sign into your ID.me account.
Note: If your account was locked due to too many failed sign-in attempts, we recommend that you reset your password at this point so that you don't end up in the same loop again. To do that, you can follow the instructions in our article titled "How do I reset my password?".