You can sign in to your ID.me account using your email address and password or with your social media and other third-party accounts, like LinkedIn or Apple. This article explains how to sign in and out of your ID.me account.
Sign in troubleshooting
- You can reset your password if you don’t remember it.
- If you don’t have access to your email, get locked out of your account, or see an error message, visit I can't sign in to my account.
- If you lost your phone, got a new phone, or phone number, you may need to update your multi-factor authentication (MFA) settings.
To sign in to your account:
You can currently sign in using your Apple or Google accounts, or with social media accounts, like Facebook and LinkedIn. If you connected a third-party account to your ID.me account:
- Go to the ID.me sign in page.
- Select the sign in icon you connected to your account or if you don’t see the icon, select View more options.
- If you’re prompted to complete multi-factor authentication, you’ll need to approve your sign in. Otherwise, you can skip this step.
After you’re signed in, you can connect a different third-party account or remove accounts from your ID.me account. You can connect more than one third-party account to your ID.me account.
To sign out of your account, in the upper right corner of your account, select Log Out.
To protect your privacy and the security of your account, ID.me automatically signs you out of your account after a short period of inactivity.