Follow your Electronic Prescribing for Controlled Substances (EPCS) or ePrescribing (eRx) healthcare IT provider's guidance for how to get started before you connect to ID.me. Then follow the steps below.
1. Sign In or Create an ID.me Account.
- If you already have an ID.me account and/or have already completed identity proofing with ID.me for another healthcare IT provider, Sign In to your account.
- If you do not have one, you should Create an ID.me Account.
2. Secure your account. Secure your account with multi-factor authentication (MFA). MFA strengthens access security to your account by requiring additional credentials at sign-in.
3. Verify your identity. Based on your EPCS / eRx provider's policy, you may be asked to submit your driver’s license, state-issued ID, passport, passport card, or answer questions based on your credit profile.
4. [Medical credential check.] Your EPCS / eRx provider may or may not choose to have ID.me verify your medical credentials. Present your credentials (e.g., NPI, DEA number) if they are requested.
5. Allow your data to be shared. The final step is to give consent for your data to be shared back to your EPCS / eRx provider. When you click Allow, the data attributes listed on the Consent screen will be shared securely using encryption technology.
If you have questions about how to get started with your identity proofing, please contact your EPCS / eRx Support Team or contact our Member Support team for further troubleshooting assistance.