If you run into technical issues while verifying your identity, use the checklist in this article to help fix the issue, then retry verification.
Check your internet connection
- Make sure you have a strong internet connection or wifi signal.
- Restart your modem, if needed.
- Contact your internet provider if you have issues connecting to the internet.
Fix browser issues
- Update your browser to ensure you’re using the latest version.
- Clear your browser’s cache.
- Confirm that you have not closed out any browser windows or tabs until your identity verification is complete. You may need to switch between browser tabs during verification.
Grant access to your camera
When taking photos of your documents, you may need to grant permission for your device to access your camera. For steps to do this, visit Granting permission to use your device’s camera.
Restart your device
If your internet connection is strong and you addressed the browser issues above, restart your device, then try verifying again.
Update your operating system
We recommend using the latest operating system for your device. Find resources below, based on your device:
There are several steps you’ll take to verify your identity, like uploading your identity documents, taking a selfie, or entering personal information to prove you are you. If you have trouble with any step, visit I couldn't verify my identity.