If you get a message that tells you that your identity couldn’t be verified, it simply means that we couldn’t match all of the information you provided with the information available in the electronic records we use for verification. It does not mean that we will not be able to verify your identity.
There are many reasons you may not be able to pass identity proofing:
- You have moved within the last year
- You have a locked or frozen credit report
- There is erroneous information in your credit file
- You already have verified your identity with ID.me
- The information entered is incorrect or mistyped
- You may have input a phone number that is not tied to your name and personal address
If you continue to be unsuccessful, we recommend that you choose to ‘Talk to An Agent’ on your second attempt or any subsequent failed attempt at completing your identity proofing.
Clicking on Talk to An Agent will prompt you to enter the Virtual In-Person identity proofing workflow where you will complete a video chat with an ID.me Trusted Referee and ultimately complete your identity verification.
You may also submit a support request here for further troubleshooting assistance.