If your identity verification attempt was unsuccessful, it simply means that the information you provided did not match the authoritative sources we use for verification.
Unsuccessful verification attempts may be due to many reasons:
- You may have recently moved
- Your credit report may be locked or frozen
- Your credit profile may contain erroneous information
- You may have already verified your identity with ID.me
- Your submission may have contained an error or typo
- You may have submitted expired documents
- You may have submitted an unreadable photo. Click here for more information.
- You may have submitted a phone number that is not associated with your name and address
We may be able to verify your identity in other ways. For example, if your next verification attempt is unsuccessful, look for the Verify identity on a video call button to complete a video chat with a Trusted Referee and complete your identity verification.
For further troubleshooting assistance, contact our Member Support team.